There was an error in this gadget

Friday, January 23, 2009

Shakespeare, America, and Your Mom


Good afternoon:


Congratulations and thank you to everyone for their hard work withthe demanding events over the weekend through Tuesday. Everythingwas well received and we made many new friends.


I am pleased to announce Ray Bracken will be leaving his post at thebox office and joining us here at 516 as my assistant and also tohelp Chris Jennings with his phone calls and schedule. Ray begins onMonday, 26 January 2009 and will be transitioning with Steven for afew days so please be patient and cotinue to double check yourmeeting confirmations and voice-mail mesages for the next few days.Please join me in welcoming Ray.


A welcome breakfast for Ray will beannounced early next week.


Take care,


Michael


Shalom and good afternoogen,


Above is an email that went out to the entire company here at Shakespeare Theatre Company sent by Michael Kahn himself! If you don't know who he is you should google him and click on his wikipedia page...he's the artistic director here and a very important man. So that email went out and I got even more excited to start my new job on Monday. Its going to be like Devil Wears Prada in the theatre world...except Michael Kahn isn't a raging bitch like Meryl Streep was in the movie! It makes my commute about 20 minutes longer but who the heck cares!! I'm Michael Kahn's assistant and when I leave his service I will have a very solid reference and, hopefully, a lot of doors opened for me :)


Sorry readers, that I have been MIA lately. I just don't really have anything interesting to discuss that are worth an entire post about. Although my friend Popped Collar and I had a very lengthy discussion regarding one night stands and the logistics behind the walk of shame. There are definitely pros and cons to going home with someone vs. bringing someone home with you. It was an interesting topic and worth a discussion. If you have any thoughts on the matter please feel free to comment. In fact, it'd be nice to get a comment or two from the readers out there. Feedback is always helpful in creating new and improved postings. Care to know my thoughts on anything? Advice? I got lots!! I mean its not everyday that you have an easily accessible gay man to answer your questions and tell you "Your boobs look great in that top," or to reaffirm you distaste for the male sex and then provide you tips on how to pick one of them up that evening!


No real updates on the 2009 other than the job breakthrough. I still haven't run into Resuce Me Fucktard since New Year's...which is probably a good thing because I don't need to be wasting an expensive martini by dumping it on his head...its better served in my stomache :) The Ex, I believe, has a new play thing or whatever he is. Kind of cute in the dorky, big dark framed glasses kind of way. Good for him...hopefully he's found someone that puts up with his bullshit the way I did. He also seems to have lost weight which is also good! I have still not recomitted to the gym...it truly was a one time thing. I've accepted my place on the couch with Doritos and Milk at 3am when I can't sleep!


Inauguration was crazy! I'm so glad Obama has control now but nervous that people are putting too much emphasis on him and not being realistic about how long its going to take to fix this messed up economy! Hello?! America is like finding the perfect outfit complete with an Ed Hardy t-shirt, Citizen jeans, Puma shoes, and Dolce sunglasses. You can't just replace that shit with something like a blazer from Kohl's....omg VOM! It takes time to find the perfect outfit just like its going to take time for America to recover. I mean Bush is gone like a bad outbreak of genital herpes but Obama isn't the cure...yet.


Alright enough with the metaphors...now I'm starting to sounds like a Tranny! So I'm done talking for now. Like I said lend me your thoughts or questions...I'd love to answer them. Its a lot better than taking the energy to make fun of other people...really I can just make fun of you ;) J/K!


JJ


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bringing someone to your place is much better. You can even scurry them out of your window if need be.