There was an error in this gadget

Monday, August 3, 2009

F*ing A...My Life and The Play


Well this weekend was interesting to say the least. Now I know what you're thinking...what crazy stories do I have in store for you? But settle down in your britches, nothing terribly exciting happened. It was just, interesting!


It was one of those weekends where you have ZERO plans and then all of a sudden you're booked. Straight Lady was out of town and so was Starfish so I didn't have a thing to do but Friday turned out to be wonderful. I ended up hanging out with some of my college friends that I hadn't seen in almost a year. We were all ambassadors together. If you don't know what I mean by that just know that we were totally the cool kids on campus and I totally gave tours to prospective students with my collar popped on my little purple polo. And to think I wasn't out then...what was I doing with my life?! Probably shopping at Marshall's. Vom! I try to think back and remember what I was doing with out my 28inch waist Lucky Jeans fashionable footwear. I think my first pair of rainbows occurred somewhere around senior year! Tragic hot mess = me. Good think I'm a big homo now and the fashion wand finally slapped me across the face and I wear clothes that actually fit properly!


ANYway...so that was great seeing the girls. Saturday I was a big fat ass and ordered chinese food and watched Heroes Season 3 on netflix all day long. All day long...like until it was ready to get showered for the first time and go out! Gross but completely satisfying! Then I met my intern for a few drinks then headed over to the ole watering hole, JRs to round out the evening with drinks with friends to catch up!


Sunday I did the same thing, I stayed in all day and watched Heroes. I attempted to go grocery shopping. I made it all the way to the check out line to discover that I did not have my wallet on me and, defeated, went home and did not return. Then I headed back downtown again to meet the Jew boy, whom henceforth shall be called Rabbi Steve, I went on a date with last Wednesday for some cocktails and to see Studio Theatre's F!ng A. Um it was not good. And by not good I mean bad. And by bad I mean if I could have left after 30 minutes I would have. We stayed through intermission and then went back and had another drink and some gelato. The best part of the evening, well not the best part, BUT we both walk in to the theatre and sure enough creepy Jew boy from my last post was in the audience. He keeps popping up EVERYWHERE! I'm telling you, start the negotiations with Chace Crawford because eventually I'm going to have a face-to-face encounter with him which will end with my body drapped over my keyboard with the letter Y scrolling across an open email.


Things are going fairly well with this one. For the first time, which still blows my mind, he brought up the "Where I'm at with things..." conversation. Granted its been 3 dates, but my stupid brain has the same thoughts after such a short period of time too. I mean, when you know you know. You either like the person and want to continue to explore or you're not feeling it and its time to move on to other paths: stop seeing each other entirely or be friends. It was just refreshing in the sense that I don't have to sit and figure it out. The cards were put on the table, which if you know me, that's the kind of person that I am. Holding back is a waste of time and I've said it before...some people call it intimidating; I call it efficiency! I still have my reservations of course, who wouldn't? While I don't think that I'll be defriended on facebook or tossed a line, we've all got baggage that doesn't go away just because you meet someone new and exciting. The last person that I got butterflies thinking about the next time we were going to talk was Rescue Me Joe and we all know how that ended.


I think that we'll have a really good relationship whether that will be dating, friendship, or otherwise...its rare to find good people so its important to hold on to them when you do! So who knows, we'll see what happens. As far as I can tell there's a fourth date in the works and, in the meantime I'm trying NOT to be that girl from "He's Just Not That Into You." If you've seen the movie you know exactly what I'm talking about, if you haven't just know that she's a really great girl that over analyzes everything and then gets upset when it doesn't work out. I'm through with stressing myself out over it...Phillipe, Georgio, and Armand don't need more company. (Those are the names I gave to the 3 grey hairs I have on my head).


Anyway that's all...really lame post I know but I've been invited as a guest blogger on Miss Procras's blog so that should be terribly more exciting! I haven't decided what I'd like to guest blog about. Suggestions from Miss Procras included her fabulous dress, her inability to be on time to anything I tell her to be, and how we met. All good things and will probably end up being a conglomeration of all three! Keep your eyes peeled and your ass out of Kohls!


Lata,


JJ

No comments: