There was an error in this gadget

Monday, August 10, 2009

To Clarify...


So I've been asked by my coworker to clarify a few things as she was not entirely happy about my last post. Apparently I made it seem that I was disgusted at the thought of being in Adams Morgan.



Why anyone would think I could be annoyed about going in to a strip of bars dedicated to the heterosexual ritual of getting smashed while dancing to Lil Wayne and Journey and then capping off the evening with a giant slice of pizza that only costs $4 and eating it on the curb before catching a taxi to head home...is beyond me ;) I also didn't give her a proper blog name so...

Henceforthwithandso-on my "other Jewish coworker" shall be aptly named Ms. Glickman and I have to say that despite the very nature of my being that requires me to loathe places like Adams Morgan, I actually had a pleasant time. We had a few drinks, chatted, and danced a bit to...shockingly enough Lady Gaga (which I have been listening to since June a year ago, BUT we can't all be gay and fashion/music forward...who would be left to make fun of!)




On one last note....Shopping for clothing, other than basics (i.e. undershirts, socks, etc), at places such as Target or, dare I say Walmart is not ok. Nothing says trash like checking out at register number 12 with a pair of shorts, a cami, and potting soil! 1. Get a life and 2. Go to Macy's.




JJ

2 comments:

LiLu said...

Totally agree. Basics ONLY. Though I will do a Target bathing suit as a back up... they actually have some cute ones.

Laura said...

To top off the night you could eat your heterosexual slice of pizza while sitting on the curb and telling the strippers about fab Cher. I love your blog sweetie...